08 February 2011

Chicken Fingers!

Rob was at school (again, lol) and we had chicken breasts somewhat defrosted (darn sink for emptying without my knowledge). I got the chicken safely defrosted, and went to my laptop to figure out what to do with them!

So I figured I'd look at recipes online. I found one on the WW site but I am not a huge fan of mustard. After reading the reviews, someone suggested egg whites, so here's what I came up with! It was a hit with the boys, and Chandler asked to take some left overs to lunch tomorrow. We served it with rice and frozen corn.

Chicken Strips
Weight Watcher's Points plus: 4
  • 1.5 lb of chicken breast, cut into strips.
  • 3/4 C of bread crumbs
  • 1/2 C of egg white substitute
  • 5 sprays of PAM, divided
  • Italian Seasonings, Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place a large baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
In a shallow dish, pour in egg whites. Place bread crumbs with seasonings in a separate dish, mix well. Add chicken to egg whites; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to bread crumbs and turn to coat.
Remove the hot baking sheet from oven and coat with cooking spray. Place chicken on baking sheet, spray chicken with cooking spray (helps brown) and bake 6 minutes; flip and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes more.
A serving is approx. 3 oz, cooked, Serves 6.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment