27 September 2008

Go Beavers!!!

Holy Cow! What a game!
I am still shocked 2 days later! We got there 5 minutes into the game and Rob swore by the time we got to the seats that USC would have the ball on the 20 yard line and be ready to score! HA! He was so wrong!!
It was a game I will never forget! Seeing Quizz Rodgers just blow through the USC defense, running for over 180 years. It is just unreal. I wish my Dad were here to see it, he would be reliving his college days. Talking about the "Mud Bowl" when the Giant Killers showed OJ Simpson's Trojans who can be the #1 team! How he drank for 3 days and couldn't walk straight to class. :) But I hear his story in my head and heart and know that I will have another story to tell my boys... About how the 26 point underdogs had the heart to beat the #1 team in the country, and do it well. How the crowd of 8,000 students stormed the field with 2:30 left in the game; reminding me of the 1998 Civil War.
I will never forget this amazing Oregon State victory. And I will annoy my children about it like my dad "annoyed" me.
GO BEAVERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment