25 March 2011

Diet Soda Cupcakes

Yes, you did read that right. I promise it's not as odd as it sounds! It was super easy too! Thanks to Skinny Taste for this awesome low calorie/fat recipe. Since it was Chandler's birthday this week, I was trying to plan/figure out what I would do for his birthday. Obviously we'd have cake from the store, but I wanted something I could eat and not feel guilty about. I am telling you you'd have no clue the soda I used was Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper in a German Chocolate Cake! We topped the cupcakes with light cool whip and 1/4 of a dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Be creative!

So I looked at Gina's Skinny Recipes and found Diet Soda Cake, omitting all oil and egg yolks and subbing in diet soda. Sounds easy enough and it was, give it a shot. Oh and the kids loved them, and so did the adults!

Diet Soda Cupcakes
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 24 Serving Size: 2 cupcakes Calories: 173 • Fat: 3 • Carbohydrates: 36 • Protein: 2.6
  • 1 dry box cake, any flavor (For the calorie info above I used a German Chocolate cake with 170 calories per serving in the mix)
  • 10 oz diet soda, any flavor
  • 2 egg whites
  • Cupcake Liners
Preheat oven according to box directions. Insert the liners into the pan.

Beat cake mix, diet soda and egg whites. Pour into liners, filing half full.

Bake as directed on box, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted, about 24 min

Let cupcakes cool.

Top
with fat free whipped cream if you wish, maybe even a Reese's PB Cup (not included in calorie info). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment